Tuesday, November 2, 2010

We're still here!

It has been forever since I've posted. I wasn't feeling too inspired on blogging for the past year. So much happens in a year, so it is kind of sad I haven't posted those things so we can remember them, but what can I say? I'm lazy!

Billy started a new position with his company a month or so ago, which also means a "new" truck. He got a black, unmarked truck. It isn't new by any means, but he was just glad to get rid of the yellow truck and not be a driving billboard. As for me, I don't really care, it was always easy to find the truck, now I actually have to remember where I park if I drive it to the store:)

Little Man is now a year! He is finally walking and I am glad. It's frustrating having a baby who can't walk, and plus, now he is much happier!

More recently I've been redecorating the downstairs. I was so tired of the red decor I had in my house. I enjoy decorating, doing crafts, and sewing, but sometimes I don't feel like I'm that good at it or all that inspired. It would be so nice to have my mom or sisters here to help give me ideas. Luckily there are so many blogs that I have found ideas/inspiration from. I've had fun buying new fabrics and sewing curtains and pillows. One thing I've gotten into recently is going to thriftstores to look for accessories or furniture. I never thought I'd like it, but I have fun trying to find something that I can either transform (paint) or use in my house for very inexpensive. Granted 95% of the things I come across are horrible, but there are some good things out there. I found a little entry table on craigslist a few weeks ago and painted it, it was pretty fun. Now, I am planning to paint the kitchen table.

Anyway, maybe I'll be better about posting this year!

3 comments:

Jen said...

I want to see pictures of the stuff you've been working on...I bet it's super cute. I liked the red. I found this great home interior consignment store here and I've been finding some great deals there (if it wasn't for a $200 chandelier that Jack broke that I had to buy for $100).

Claire said...

post pictures of your redecorating! I have a bunch of blogs that I subscribe to that give me ideas, but I'm too chicken to try most of them. I have done some pillow covers for the couch though. You'll have to tell me which blogs you like.

Carrie said...

I want pictures too! Your house always looks really cute. I love the things you sew!
Oh and I always want to transform stuff from DI, but all I find are baskets and weird wood decor from the '90s. What am I supposed to do with that?
What color are you painting your table?! And why are you painting it?