Saturday, December 22, 2007

Bad Haircut

I guess everyone has to experience at least one bad haircut in his or her lifetime, right? Well, I can say that I have officially had mine--today. I have been needing to cut it for some time. I always think I'll grow it long but once it gets to a certain length I always can't stand it and want to go get it chopped. Well, today I decided to go get it cut. I didn't have much time so I walked into a salon (I should've made an appt somewhere else). BIG MISTAKE!!! They pair me up with this lady who is probably in her 70's. Right away I thought I don't want her to cut my hair b/c she probably can't do the up to date styles. But, what do you do ask for someone else? Maybe someone else could do that but not me, I would've felt bad. So anyway, I told her how I wanted it, she didn't even know what I was saying. She understood layers, however she didn't understand how to cut them! Anyway, so she is finished and asks me what I think. It wasn't what I wanted and I saw a girl that was like I was describing and so I said like her's just not as short. So she cuts more...and more...and more! Finally I had to stop her and say I was scared it was too short. I have always been one of those people who say hair grows out, but today I understand. I ask her, do you think it needs some more blending right here and she says, "I don't know how to do these new fangled hairstyles." That is the bottom line, they had no business pairing me with her. I tried to think, age doesn't matter maybe she really is good and knows what she is doing. Hmmm...I was wrong. So I left very upset. I called the manager on the way home and told her what happened. She offered to fix it but I didn't have time today, can't go tomorrow plus I didn't want to go back with the other lady who did cut my hair there. They said they could give me half my money back. Too bad they can't give me my hair back.

So, if you have ever had a bad haircut I now sympathize. What was your worst haircut story? And P.S. if you see my hair don't think I like my new cut, I came home and cried. Hopefully once it grows out in a month or so I can get it cut into a style I like.

8 comments:

Alisa said...

Worst haircut probably when I cut my own-- which I do to often. Come home from a haircut and if i don't like it I "Doctor it up." The very worst was when I cut my own bangs in 6th grade- I had just a few minute before school started I raised them up above like the hairstylits to and cut. When I let go they didn't fall back down. They were too short and stuck up for a while until they grew back out! I rarely get very good haircuts-- I like mine pretty well this time. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take a picture of this "new fangled hairstyle" and put it on your blog. It is all I want for Christmas!

lrbodine said...

Oh I'm sorry!! I've had quite a few bad haircuts in my life. Which is why I now have really long hair! J/K. Actually I'm growing mine out to donate to cancer wigs.

I remember once in college my roommate and I went to a hair school in Orem to get cuts (they were cheap). We both left in tears because it ended up being soo short!

Hair does grow back but I have such slow growing hair that now I am very particular about who cuts my hair. Thankfully my sister-in-law is a licensed beautician!

Tamster said...

I'm sorry, Erin! That's so frustrating. I'm with Liza; I want to see a picture of it. Maybe it's not as bad as you think.

Merry Christmas! :-) Tami

Julie said...

I understand how you didn't want to ask for a new person, but it's good you called to complain. It seems like they would know this older lady doesn't know how to cut newfangled styles and limit her to those who want "oldfangled" styles. Maybe you'll be wearing it up a lot (if you can)!

And I also want to see a picture. You can't say you have a bad haircut and not SHOW it to us! I'm sure it looks worse to you than it does to others. (Maybe?)

Merry Christmas!

Ed said...

That's why I cut my own hair

Alisa said...

Still waiting on the picture!!! Boo hoo my Christmas is ruined but there is still hope for the New Year! :) Also Erin did tell me that when she went to church so got SOOO many compliments on it, so it can't be that bad!

Tamster said...

Picture! Picture! Picture! ...

Christina said...

I had my worst haircut right before I had Charlotte. I walked in (BIG mistake) and they put me with this lady who didn't SPEAK ENGLISH. Usually, these types can't speak english, but can understand it. This one couldn't and that became painfully obvious 10 minutes in. I didn't have time to have it done again until a month after the baby and really treated myself to a great cut and it was so worth it. I'll never do that again. !! Such a funny story Erin.