Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Staying in Texas



Adam and his McDonald's tattoo. Around here it's actually known as just "Donald's" because that's what Logan calls it.
We enjoy going to the parks around Pflugerville. Logan likes the swing for about 2 minutes and the water for about 0 minutes.
Don't let this picture deceive you. Logan actually just spilled all of his eggs and he's picking them back up.



Very few people knew that I was interviewing for a position with DEWALT in Phoenix over the past few weeks. An opportunity came up back home that I felt really good about and I was sure I would be offered the job. I really felt like I was the right person and it was the perfect scenario for us. It seemed to make sense to accept a promotion and move back to AZ like I was Mr. Big Time. We prayed as a family that the outcome of the interviews would be the best thing for our family.




I didn't get the job. I was told that although I would have been great for the job and I was more than qualified, there was another candidate who had more tenure and was already familiar with the territory and customers. I was somewhat disappointed, but felt like the Lord was really answering our prayers. We love it here in Austin anyway.

6 comments:

Tamster said...

That must have been a bummer, but you have the right attitude. Things don't always work out the way we plan (THANKFULLY), but they always work out for the best--the way the Lord has planned.

Nice pics! :-) Tami

lrbodine said...

I'm sad you're still needed in Texas because I wanted you to move back here! Oh well. It is true how things always work out for the best . ..

Kate said...

We are extremely glad that y'all are staying in TX even though y'all would have loved to move close to family. We love being your friends and that you'll be in Pflugerville still! Love the pics and hope that y'all had fun with Grandma and Grandpa Ginos!

Alisa said...

Logan looks like such a big boy- it is fun to see him in these pictures - I can't wait to see him in person-- so cute. Adam- he has got some arms man!

I am indifferent to the AZ decision. I would have brought you closer to us, which was the most important thing, but I still want Ed to get to Austin to see it all. I wanted the best thing to work out for you all in the end and we all have faith that it did.

anna said...

whose blog is this anyway?

but it's funny how life works, isn't it?? your kids look like they love texas, too! they are adorable!!

Julie said...

You guys seem to have a good attitude about it all. That's good!

Those boys are dang cute, too. What a beautiful sunny day it looks like! I'm seriously jealous of the shorts...